- Review of Investment Grade Energy Audit (IGEA) and implementing the IGEA recommended Energy Conservation Measures (ECM), for the two (2) lower level floors and the 1st and mezzanine floors.
- Infrastructure upgrades included major upgrades to the two (2) air handling units serving the lower floor (sub-cellar to 3rd floor), replacing coils, filtration, humidifiers and fan motors and provide VAV terminal boxes in the distribution system.
- Gut renovation of the two (2) lower levels – renovation spaces include new preservation labs, classrooms, library common spaces. The two (2) levels were provided with new fire sprinkler layouts and fire alarm system modifications.
- Phase 2 Renovation – Completed the infrastructure upgrade of the HVAC system for the upper floors (4th through 12th). Work included a major upgrade of two (2) air handling units, each with a capacity of 110,000 CFM and conversion of the air handlers and distribution system to energy conserving variable air volume systems. The air handler upgrades included replacement of fans, coils, humidifiers, filtration and upgrading to direct digital controls.
- 4th and 5th Floor Renovation – The 4th floor remained primarily book stacks, but the 5th floor was converted from book stacks to open reading areas, offices, classrooms and study rooms.
- 6th Floor Renovation – Primarily book stacks, study rooms / desks, small and large reading rooms and conference / seminar rooms.
- 5th, 9th and 10th Floor Renovation – Offices, reference stacks, classrooms and reading rooms.
- 7th Floor Renovation (22,000 sf) – Collections, staff lounge, workrooms, offices, computer classrooms, media / seminar rooms and storage.
Replacement of Cooling and Heating Plant at Bern Dibner Library
- Replacement of the existing cooling and heating plant in the Bern Dibner Library at the NYU Polytechnic School of Engineering in Brooklyn, NY.
Project completed by K&L Group, A Division of MG Engineering