RIVERVIEW MEDICAL CENTER
RED BANK, NJ
K&L Group has provided MEP/FP engineering design services for numerous projects within Riverview Medical Center. The following is a sampling of projects completed:
All mechanical systems were desi
- Expansion: The new 3-story, 26,300 SF addition was bridged to the existing South Wing and contained the expanded new Emergency Department, as well as a new ICU / CCU and MRI. A new outdoor open- air parking garage was built on the west side of the new Emergency Department / ICU addition to provide patients with more convenient access to the building. In order to accommodate the new addition, the existing building’s infrastructure was supplemented with a new chiller plant as well as new emergency power generation and an additional boiler plant serving the ICU / CCU building.
- Renovation: Over 142,000 SF of the existing facility underwent renovation in order to improve the function of existing departments and expand their sizes. Outpatient and Inpatient Radiology, Medical Records, Cardiac Cath Lab, Cardiac Rehab, Respiratory Therapy, Same Day Surgery, OB/GYN, PT, Dental Suite and a 30 bed Medical/Surgical unit were each renovated and expanded.
- Emergency Power System Upgrade: Upgrade and renovation of the Hospital’s emergency power system as well as re-route the 15KV primary utility power in order to accommodate a new building addition. The Hospital, being constructed in many phases of the course of 53 years, has amassed several diesel powered emergency generators. K&L Group performed a Schematic Analysis, and in doing so, uncovered the fact that the generators were separately connected to different parts of the building.
- Radiation Therapy / Linear Accelerator: MEP/FP design services for a new Linear Accelerator addition for the Radiation Therapy Department which included two (2) Linacs in a solid concrete vault housed in the south exposure of the Booker (East) Wing. New rooftop packaged HVAC units were added as part of the addition, including dedicated exhaust fans. Two (2) new indoor process chillers were provided along with outdoor condensers for serving the linear accelerator’s cooling jackets. A new pre-action type sprinkler system was installed in the vault. Various water, sewer and drain services needed to be rerouted in order to make room for the new addition.
- Parking Garage: New $4,000,000 parking garage including special lighting with photo sensor control for energy reduction, as well as a dry standpipe system for safety. Storm drainage was connected to the campus site drainage system. The new 3-level garage alleviated the problem of insufficient surface parking at the Medical Center. The General Contractor was Torcon, Westfield, NJ.
- Blaisdell Wing: K&L Group provided MEP/FP services for 157,420 SF of new construction and 33,490 SF of alterations. Project included emergency department and new electrical services for normal and emergency systems; CAT scanning. Construction cost was $50,000,000.
Project completed by K&L Group, A Division of MG Engineering